Lighting and appliance labelling
One of the reasons that energy consumption in homes, the service sector and municipalities has been increasing is due to the growing presence of various types of appliances and the rising number of light points. SEVEn organizes a range of activities to increase the energy efficiency of appliances and reduce the long-term total energy consumption of these appliances:
- Compiling energy audits for light sources in buildings and for public lighting
In the area of lighting, we are witnessing significant technological and legislative changes that will usher in the changing of present light sources for new types with new parameters and characteristics in households, buildings and public lighting systems. SEVEn organises general education projects for the wider public (articles and publications), as well as technical projects assessing the energy efficiency and economic returns of specific buildings and sites (energy audits, feasibility studies, selecting suppliers) (see the PremiumLight, ESOLI, Prague Marriott Hotel and other projects)
- Cooperation with the market surveillance authorities in the area of energy labelling and eco-design
Nationally, SEVEn organises projects in which it monitors the correct availability of energy labels in sales outlets; on the international level, it participates in projects testing specific appliances to compare their energy consumption with the claims of producers as printed on the labels (see the Come On Labels, ATLETE, ATLETE II, PremiumLight and other projects).
- Market surveying and conceptual choice of the most energy efficient appliances on the market
- Thanks to long-term monitoring of the market in the area of energy labels, SEVEn is active in the development of criteria for selecting the most energy-efficient products on the market in the CR (see the Euro Topten MAX project). For a long time, SEVEn has organised a series of activities in which it informs and educates consumers on how to reduce their energy consumption by purchasing energy-efficient models based on their energy labelling and maintaining their proper operation. Such work involves a series of publications, articles, presentations, etc., where the target groups are both end consumers and institutions in terms of bulk green purchases (see the BuySmart+, YAECI, the Green for Savings Partnership and other projects).
- International activities in the area of reducing the energy consumption of appliances and light sources
SEVEn is active not only in promoting energy labelling and energy-efficient appliances and light sources in the Czech Republic, but also abroad, both in EU countries and in the region of Central and Eastern Europe. Since 2009, SEVEn representatives have been participating in projects and presentations in Armenia, Belarus, China, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova and Ukraine, and at the same time it has directly coordinated projects with partners in 13 EU countries. (see the Come On Labels, ESIB and other projects)