Supporting municipalities, schools and national governments in the transition to climate neutrality – Final report of the Bridging European and Local Climate Action project.
Examples of successful local climate change mitigation measures can be found all across Europe.
Municipalities, local communities, and younger generations are shaping the path towards net-zero emissions. To show what role local and regional actors play in reaching national and EU climate goals, BEACON has drawn data from evaluations with more than 25 municipality and 40 school staff members of the BEACON countries.
This report summarises the achievements of the BEACON project in five steps:
1. Identifying needs and creating support structures
2. Establishing cross-border networks and collaboration
3. Building capacities and raising awareness
4. Developing long-term strategies, supporting ambitious policies and vertical collaboration
5. Creating ideas and finally, implementing projects.
BEACON The Final report: From Ideas to Action:
The report is accompanied by the BEACON project’s final brochure: